Thursday, September 18, 2008

Figuring things out

Okay, so I was keeping track of me weight loss by the week, but I really got thrown off when I was MIA. So, instead I am just keeping track of overall weight loss and I added a countdown ticker. I only have 37 days until I turn 30! YIKES! ;) I've really been stalled in my weight loss this last 1-2 months, but I am going full steam ahead.

I went to bed early last night so that I could get up and do an early morning workout. It was funny, as I set my alarm last night I had the thought, "I'll get up if I feel good in the morning." Well, I totally acknowledged that if I was thinking that I totally would not be getting up. So I sat there for a good ten minutes mulling it back and forth. Taylor asked me what I was thinking. I told him I was trying to decide if I would decide to get up in the morning. Then I busted out realizing how funny it was ... just do it! So I made the decision and feel great for it today! I did a 45 minute all body strength tape (MBS).

I weighed in this morning thinking I would be way up since it has been several weeks since I weighed in and I have not been strict to my goals. I was actually down, which was a pleasant surprise. This is what I can see from this latest hiatus. I feel so much better when I am working out. I am not talking about physically, though that part is of course there. I am talking about emotionally. I feel better about my body ... more confident and less derogatory. I've been stuck in this rut of feeling so "fat" when I was actually weighing a little less. So this is a huge plus to working out. I know you can feel fat at any size, so this is important to remember.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true how much it helps mentally as well as physically to just do it. It's amazing how much power we have when we just change our thoughts. If we only really knew.

    ReplyDelete