Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting Closer!

It is really hitting me just how close we are getting to the cruise ... woot woot!!!

I'm like a roller coaster, one minute I am so pleased with what I've lost and the transformation I am making in my body and the next I feel fat and wish I had more time before the cruise. I think the number on the scale really influences how I'm feeling. Last week I had a big drop and then this week it was up .4 lbs. I am REALLY trying to not let the negative thoughts get in and to just embrace where I'm at. I will have a blast on that cruise no matter WHAT size I am, right?!? RIGHT!!!

Got in my workout yesterday. Today is a scheduled rest day. I'm going to start doing biking with Aubrey for my cardio days which I'm really looking forward to. I think this will be a fun way to get in the cardio which is not my favorite (I'd rather do weights every day!)

Aubrey and I are going to to the 35 mile segment of the Little Red Riding Hood bike race in June. It's up in Logan and should be all kinds of fun ... anyone want to join us? You can do lengths starting at 15 miles all the way up to 100 miles. There's a Hawaiin Luau the night before and tons of stops along the way. It's all girls and is to raise money for breast cancer research. My sisters are doing it and I'd love it if any of you want to join!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. I would love to, but I don't have a bike currently. I am actually trying to figure out why I am having a lack of committing to some kind of goal like a 5K or a 10K or whatever. Anyway now I have another thing I can do and I am not committing. Maybe I should find a bike and commit anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a bike either, I am borrowing my sister's bike (she just got a super fancy road bike since she's doing the 100 miles!) Put the word out and see if anyone has a bike to loan or get rid of. Maybe something off of Craig's List or KSL classified. I'd LOVE to have you race with us!!! It's going to be such a blast!

    ReplyDelete