Monday, March 2, 2009

Month 3 - LEAN - starts today!

So, I have to say, this past week has been kind of a downer for me. I got in my workouts, but my eating was horrific. This coming from me who made the declaration that it was easy to eat well! It has been a roller coaster of a week from Taylor's job search and lots of other stuff going on ... all the regular stuff that comes up in life. I have taken a step back and realize that eating really can be an emotional thing for me. What's funny is it really doesn't comfort me at all, because once I have that second piece of birthday cake or that 5th cheat meal of the week, those horrible thoughts come in that make you feel really guilty and then the cycle begins.

But not this time. I refuse to enter that cycle again. No way, no how. Nuh uh. Yes, my weight is up 2 lbs. this week, but overall I still have a loss for month 2 (which ended yesterday). No more feeling bad or guilty, but starting fresh and mustering up every bit of drive that I have within me. Here are the results at the end of month 2:

Weight Loss: Month 1 - 12.8 lbs. Month 2 - 2.6 lbs. Total - 15.4 lbs.
Inches: Month 1: 9.25 in Month 2: 4.5 in Total - 13.75 in
Chest: Month 1 - 0 in. Month 2 - 1.25 in Total - 1.25 in
R arm: Month 1 - .25 Month 2 - .75 Total - 1
L arm: Month 1 - 1 Month 2 - .25 Total - 1.25
waist: Month 1 - 2 Month 2 - 0 Total -2
hips: Month 1 - 2 Month 2 - 0 Total - 2
abductors: Month 1 - 2.5 Month 2 - .75 Total - 3.25
R thigh: Month 1 - .25 Month 2 - .75 Total -1
L thigh: Month 1 - 1.25 Month 2 - .75 Total - 2

You know what I just realized as I was posting these numbers? I have never gotten this far on a rotation before! I trained for a half marathon last year, which I completed. But I didn't focus on eating at all and as a result I did not lose any weight during that time. I've worked out on and off over the years, and ate well here and there. But never have I done both for more than a month. Maybe these downs are all just part of the journey and maybe I can embrace them instead of getting stuck because they scare me. Hmmmm, I'll have to think on that!

1 comment:

  1. I think the most important thing in this journey is to ALWAYS reevaluate where we are at and where we can improve. Because if we do well and don't continue to improve we do get lazy and lax and allow all the hard work to go to waste. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete