Monday, June 23, 2008

10.8 lbs. lost in 4 weeks!

Okay, so I've been MIA around here lately, but I just had to report the huge breakthrough ... I hit the 10 pound mark! I took my measurements today as well and have downward movement going there as well! (It's nice to see this, because honestly it's hard to really "see" the weightloss ... I really don't FEEL 10 lbs. thinner.) The biggest drops were in my waist - 2.25" (had to triple check that one!) and 2" in my hips!

I've been feeling guilty because I haven't been exercising, and I haven't been sticking to my nutrition goals 100%. In reality, I've been moving more and eating less. Even when I've splurged, I've had portions, or part of a portion along with healthy, good for me food.

This weekend my cousin took the Landmark Forum and I got to go last night with her for the last 3 hours. One of the things we talked about the difference between deciding and choosing something. How when you decide BECAUSE of something, you're killing off the other choices. (De"cide", Pesti"cide", Geno"cide", spermi"cide" ... you get the idea.) So when I decide I need to exercise because I need to lose weight, then when I am not exercising it's the equivalent in my mind as gaining weight. Same thing with nutrition. So if I chose something today, it gives me the freedom to choose something different tomorrow without there being all that meaning attached. So today, I chose to go running for no "reason" except I chose to go running. I don't know if this is even making sense, but it's really a powerful feeling. It's almost like if it's OKAY to not exercise ... then maybe I won't resist it so. Hmmm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment