Monday, July 14, 2008

Weight loss and wheat pancakes

So even though I went to bed WAY too late last night and then had horrible insomnia on top of that, I got up at 6:30am this morning to go running. I had told Robin I would meet her at the corner and didn't want to stand her up. I waited for about 10 minutes and she didn't show. I was about to turn around and go home, but ended up going for it. I was up, dressed and ready, so why not? I did a two mile loop. I did notice a twinge in my shin, so I walked the last .5 mile. It felt great overall. I hope they finish the high school track (they tore up the field to lay turf) because I think that will be the best surface to run with this shin.

7/14/08 - 2 miles
Saucony shoes - 96.5 miles

My weight totally dropped this week. I am pass all the PMSing and my body is finally back to normal. It felt so nice to see such a generous number on the scale! I had to double check to make sure it was accurate! Last summer when I was working out, I hit this weight but never got past it, so once I start moving pass this, I will be going into uncharted territory! (Well, not really, it's just been a while!)

I made some yummy wheat pancakes this morning. I have tried a few of the mixes you can get at the store (with whole wheat) and they just don't compare. This recipe uses whole wheat and a blender (you don't have to drag out the wheat grinder!) It's a very thin consistency (think crepes) so it helps to cook on a lower heat than normal and make smaller pancakes.

Blender Pancakes
Put 1 cup of milk in any Bosch blender (the recipe comes from a Bosch store, but I am sure any good blender could do the job). Add 3/4 cup whole wheat kernels. Blend for 4 minutes (I used setting "1" on the Bosch). While blending, assemble and add:

2 eggs
2 Tablespoons of honey or sugar (I use honey)
1/4 cup cooking oil
2 Tablespoons baking powder (Rumford is the best)
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon Real Salt (sea salt or you can just use plain old salt)

Blend a few seconds and pour on a lightly oiled, hot griddle for the lightest and most delicious melt-in-your-moutn pancakes ever!

1 comment: