Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Do Those Shape-Up/Toning Shoes Really Work?



The short answer is no.

I've been intrigued since these shoes came out. I mean really, don't we all (even if secretly) wish that there was that quick fix to our problems? I mean look at these claims: 


The idea presented is, simply change the shoes you wear and get that body you always wanted. Sure maybe if you read the fine print, you'll find that you actually have to *gasp* work! But come on if you're paying $100+ for shoes like these, shouldn't they really do all the work for you?

I wasn't surprised when I came across this article from the American Council of Exercise (ACE). They did some research which proved that the shoes do not actually meet the claims they make.

Does that mean you shouldn't buy them? No, I'm certainly not saying that. Heck, if they motivate and inspire you to move more, there's nothing wrong with that! Just don't buy into all the promises. ;)


Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment