Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Always Knew My Sisters Were Pretty Awesome ...

But they are also good for my mental health!

This is one of my fav pictures of Me & my sisters (Me, Stacey, Tam)

Don't you love how "they" make studies for everything? Well, aol.com writes about a a new study that shows that a sister can actually help improve your mental health. Here's a quote from the article:
The bond between siblings, particularly sisters, is a powerful thing capable of defending against depression.

Researchers from Brigham Young University found that loving sibling relationships have lasting positive effects on children's behavior and mental health, USA Today reports.
I just love to give my sisters a hard time (I live for it) but when it comes down to it, my two beautiful sisters (aside from my hubby and mom) are THE ones I turn to. They have seen every side of me and somehow still love me unconditionally. I've been angry, sad, depressed, ecstatic, empty, frustrated, proud, triumphant, jealous, hurt (and on and on) and they were there. 

Thanks Tammy and Stacey for being such wonderful sisters AND for helping to improve my mental health (I need all the help I can get!) 

And since I do so enjoy picking on you (hey I have to make up for the old times), here's one of my other favorite pictures:

 In the back - Tammy and Stacey, in the front - Mom and Me


Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment