Monday, August 2, 2010

Achieving Balance (Avoiding Tunnel Vision)

This has been on my mind for a while now, I've been asking everyone and trying to figure out THE answer.

What answer did I get? I already know what to do, I just need to do it.

The fact is, I've read tons of tips & tricks. I could probably teach a class based on all the knowledge I have on planning, organizing, time management, etc.

It's like, when someone is unhappy with their weight. No one can make them lose weight and get healthy except for themselves. Once they make the choice to lose weight, they can and will lose weight.

So ... if I want balance in my life, then I just need to have it. (Confused still? I don't blame you!) Here are the action items that I know work for me:
  • I will make (and use) my lists
  • I will watch the clock (I get carried away with the things I want to do and don't want to spend enough time on the things I need to do)
  • I will say NO to the things the things that don't fit
  • I will stop beating myself up for what is done (or not done) and just keep pushing forward
The thing is, this applies to every area of my life (work, housework, exercise, nutrition, etc.)!

Check out this great sunset I got to see at my sister's house last night. It's the moments like this that really help me to find perspective (i.e. remembering what's really important in the scheme of things).




Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment