Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Enjoy the Ride!

Do you ever get overwhelmed by all the stuff that needs to get done? Yeah, I do. I'm one of those people that likes to bite off more than I can chew sometimes.

I'm PTA President at my kids' school this year which is exciting, but sometimes quite daunting. I had a day last week that was one of THOSE days. You know the kind. I had a million and one things to do and it seemed like everything was getting in the way of me getting things done. The kids were fighting and I just couldn't handle it. I kept losing my patience and it was just a crummy day. 

At the end of the day, I realized that this was NOT how I wanted life to be this year. I chose to do PTA to help make my children's lives better. And to make a difference. I did not want to get to the end of the year and look back to a year of stress and torment that I would never want to repeat. This is what I decided right then and there:

I CHOOSE to enjoy the ride! I am doing things that I love to do and will make this fit with my family (always family first). Some things are going to be SO successful, others will totally bomb. I will NOT stress over this, but just keep working my to-do list. I CHOOSE to enjoy the ride!


The next morning I woke up and told Aubrey, "You know what? I'm not going to lose my patience today!" And you know what? I didn't. And it was a fantastic day. And I still had a million and one things to accomplish.

World, today I chose to Enjoy the Ride!

Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment