Tuesday, May 27, 2008

30 by 30

Okay, so I decided to set some new goals now that I have completed my half marathon. This year I will be celebrating my 30th birthday (YIKES!) and I thought how cool would it be to lose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday?!? I have 5 months which means I would need to lose about 1.5 pounds a week. Challenging, but very possible. I figure if I can go from 0 to 13.1 miles in 3 months, I can do ANYTHING!

Exercise (I will breakdown my exercise plans into shorter goals.) Here is my plan for the first month:
  • 3 days a week - Cathe's Pure Strength (It has 3 workouts that alternate strength training on all of the major muscle groups. I can start out light and add weight as I improve)
  • 3 days a week - run (I am probably going to run another 1/2 marathon in August, so I'll want to keep improving on my running)
Nutrition:
  • Cut out high frutcose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils and white flower. Use white sugar sparingly.
  • Keep track of food at fitday.com. Here's a link to my fitday account: click here
  • Add more fresh (or frozen) fruits and veggies
  • Measure portions
  • Nothing after 8pm (unless I need fuel after a late run)
  • No calorie restrictions for now. I think if I follow the above then I won't have a problem with calories. Also when running and strength training, there will be days that my body will crave more carbs and protein.
  • 1 cheat meal each week
Yesterday I weighed in, took measurements and took pictures. I will weigh in each Monday and do measurements and pictures every 4 weeks. I will keep track here how many pounds are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment