Monday, November 3, 2008

Starting fresh!

Okay, so I had my 30th birthday and while I did not meet my goal of 30 lbs. lost, I did lose 14 lbs.!!! I totally got it's not about meeting the goals, it's the journey. And I have learned a lot. For a while I thought I wouldn't set another goal that was so visible so I wouldn't have to fail again (wouldn't want to look bad to you all after all!). But then I got, that is rubbish. By setting a huge goal for myself (30 by 30) I played big and lost more than I would have with no goals. 14 lbs. is nothing to balk at! So I am aiming for the stars! I may land on a cloud instead, but isn't that so much better than burying my head in the sand?!?! I have not determined my new goals yet, but am working on that this week.

This morning I got up and went running with Robin. We did a total of 2.5 miles, run/walking. It has been a while since either of us have run so we wanted to ease into things. Overall it went really well. I feel good now (great actually) and am ready to work harder!

10/6/08 - 2.5 miles
Saucony shoes - 125 miles (I keep forgetting to add mileage here, so I am estimating)

No comments:

Post a Comment