Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You Run Girl!

Have you ever wished you could be a runner, but just think there's no way? Trust me, if you want it, you can totally do it.


You see, I was one of those people who never ran. I ran the full mile once in 5th grade and thought my lungs were going to explode and never again ran the full mile during gym. I tried a couple of times as an adult, and just couldn't do it. What I didn't realize was, it's all in the training. I found this great program called, "Couch to 5K."

You wanna run? Couch to 5k will make it happen! Just stick to the schedule and before you know it you'll be a runner!

Here's an example of the first week, "Brisk 5 minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes." You can do that, right? Visit the Cool Running site for details on the program.

And if that weren't easy(ish) enough, there is a podcast that was created to go along with the program. Basically it was someone who did the program and created podcasts with music that tells you when to start running so you don't have to watch the clock. Check it out here.




Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment