Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Surround Yourself with Greatness

Let's say you're trying to lose weight. If you have a friend to go to the gym with, you are MUCH more likely to keep going ... right? Just like the saying, "You are what you eat," it could be said, "You are who you know."


I am very lucky to be surrounded by amazing family and friends in my life. Their positivity and encouragement give me the strength to try new things and take on huge challenges. Does this mean that they are always positive? Nope, of course not. We are all human afterall. But, I can choose to focus on the positive and create my own positive environment as well. Positively. (Just had to squeeze positive in one more time!)

How do you find great people? Look at what it is you want to be (a runner, a writer, a speaker, a blogger, etc.) and seek out others who are already doing it. You can do this in real life or online (facebook, twitter, blogs etc.) When I decided to run a half marathon, I didn't know what in the heck I was doing. But I had new friends who helped me every step of the way. I didn't always think I could actually finish the race, but my good friend Triscia told me I could. I believed her words until I could finally believe it for myself (once I crossed the finish line!) 

This is why I write this blog. This is why I am a Beachbody coach. Just remember ...




Blogaholic Designs”=

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you, as a runner it is hard sometimes to explain to people why I will get up for 4:30am to get my run in or why I have to go to bed at 9pm on a friday because I have a long run on Saturday, but with my runner friends the question is what is your traget goal pace and if I need company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, exactly! It makes reaching our goals and ultimately our dreams so much more attainable (and enjoyable.) I heard (read?) this on twitter today:

    "when u find something u want 2do, stalk the person who is doing it most successfully. Success leaves tracks. Study 'em!"

    ReplyDelete