I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com (my ALL time fav recipe site!)
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
1/4 cup Kraft Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
4 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup Kraft mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Place large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; preheat grill to medium heat. Pour 2 Tbsp. of the dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with the dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade.
- Grill chicken on uncovered side of grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cheese, basil and remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing.
- Turn chicken over; place, cooked-side up, on foil on grill. Top evenly with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill an additional 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees F).
Total Fat: 6.8g
Here are my tips:
- Marinate it longer than 15 minutes. I put it in a bag this afternoon when I got home from the store.
- Use a can of tomatoes if you don't have fresh ones. This time I used the Italian seasoned diced tomatoes ... added even more flavor!
- Use what you have. I've used mozzarella, parmesan and feta cheeses depending on what I have
- I buy the freeze dried basil that you keep in the fridge ... next best to fresh!
- Invest in a meat thermometer. For years, we didn't have one and always cut the chicken in half to test for doneness. As a result, the chicken was always dry. Use the thermometer and watch for it to reach 160 degrees. All of the juices stay in and you'll have nice, juicy chicken.