Monday, September 13, 2010

What's for Dinner? (Chicken Bruschetta)

In our house it was Chicken Brushchetta with salad, fresh peaches and a slice of sourdough bread. Impressed? Don't be, it's such an easy recipe. Honestly I don't know why I don't have this more often!

I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com (my ALL time fav recipe site!)

Grilled Chicken Bruschetta

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Kraft Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
4 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup Kraft mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

Directions:
  1. Place large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; preheat grill to medium heat. Pour 2 Tbsp. of the dressing over chicken in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with the dressing. Refrigerate 10 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade.
  2. Grill chicken on uncovered side of grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, cheese, basil and remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing.
  3. Turn chicken over; place, cooked-side up, on foil on grill. Top evenly with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill an additional 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees F).
Calories: 167
Total Fat: 6.8g
Cholesterol: 58mg

Here are my tips:
  • Marinate it longer than 15 minutes. I put it in a bag this afternoon when I got home from the store.
  • Use a can of tomatoes if you don't have fresh ones. This time I used the Italian seasoned diced tomatoes ... added even more flavor!
  • Use what you have. I've used mozzarella, parmesan and feta cheeses depending on what I have
  • I buy the freeze dried basil that you keep in the fridge ... next best to fresh!
  • Invest in a meat thermometer. For years, we didn't have one and always cut the chicken in half to test for doneness. As a result, the chicken was always dry. Use the thermometer and watch for it to reach 160 degrees. All of the juices stay in and you'll have nice, juicy chicken.


    Blogaholic Designs”=

    No comments:

    Post a Comment