Monday, September 20, 2010

What's For Dinner? (It's Not Your Kid's Chicken Fingers)

I've got just a few requirements for dinners that stick in our house. First it has to pass the kid test (I'm NOT making two meals). Second it has MY taste test. It's not worth it if it doesn't taste good. Third (and probably most important to me) it has to be easy. Or relatively easy. Oh and fourth it needs to be somewhat normal ingredients that aren't too expensive. That shouldn't be too hard, right?

My kids have fun getting their hand dirty doing this one!

Not Your Kid's Chicken Fingers


Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
3/4 cup flour
1 whole egg plus 1 egg white
1/4 cup milk
2 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned or *homemade

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place flour in a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with milk in another bowl and put the breadcrumbs in a third.

Dredge the chicken in the flour, coating fully and shake of any excess. Dip the floured chicken into the egg. Coat the chicken with the breadcrums and place on baking sheet.

Bake chicken for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serves 4-5.

*I never have breadcrumbs in the house, so I just make my own. I toasted 4 pieces of bread until it was very brown. Then I put them the blender one at a time. I seasoned my breadcrumbs with dried parsley, onion powder and garlic powder to taste. Easy peasy!

By the way, this totally passed the kid test. My 5 year old said, "Mommy, this is yummy! At first I thought it would be yucky but it's not. It's my most favorite!" SCORE!


Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment