Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to Reality

Got back yesterday afternoon from vacation. What a blast! It was so fun in Orcas Island and relaxing as well. The temperature was perfect (warmest day was a high of 80!) I am now suffocating in this triple digit weather. Man, if I could find a place to live that had 70-80 degree weather year round, I would so be there!

I am not doing an official weigh in until next week as I get back into the groove of things. I will count today as the beginning of my fourth week. I did BScB and intended to add on some floorwork, but that didn't happen because I was pretty pooped, so I decided to listen to my body. I know it will take a few days to get my body back into the rhythm of things. But luckily I didn't have to talk myself into the workout! I have been determined to prove to myself that vacation would not interrupt my mission!

Going into this vacation I really worked on my mindset and esteem about my body. You see, my cousins are all teeny weeny (one cousin was a WA Red Skins chearleader.) In the past (even weighing less) I have compared myself and ended up feeling horrible about myself. So I wanted to go into this trip with the healthy thinking I have been experiencing these last few weeks. And it worked! I was able to just be myself and enjoy being with everyone. Before I always felt like everyone was looking at my imperfections. This time I didn't experience that at all! They didn't do anything different, and I realize it is all in my mind. I can be happy and content or embarrassed and paranoid. I choose the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment