Thursday, August 30, 2007

Half way there!

First I have to start with ... the results are negative! My Mom got her biopsy results yesterday and they are negative for cancer. They just want to do a follow up in 6 months since they weren't able to get the whole lump out. SUCH a relief to know for sure!

Yesterday was kind of a crazy day. I was pretty sore in the morning, but I did get myself up and did some yoga. It felt really good and I liked the DVD I did. It had someone doing modifications that I could follow. Some of those people are amazing. I can't even hold downward dog the whole time. About halfway through I noticed that my muscles felt kind of tingly and alive. Hard to explain, but it felt really good!

Only about an hour after school started, the office called saying that Aubrey was sick. Poor thing threw up in the hall on the way to the bathroom. She was very embarrassed. I'm glad she didn't do it in front of all the kids, because she would have been absolutely mortified. She didn't throw up again at home but fought vicious waves of nausea and had the runs all day. She must have caught some of the germs her brother had last week.

Didn't think she would make it to school today, so we slept in, but not much later than normal. There was NO part of me that wanted to work out. I was a little achy and had the beginnings of a headache. I just wanted to chill with Aubrey. I finally talked myself (I honestly don't know HOW!) into doing Firm Strength. I told myself to just do 10 minutes and then quite if I still didn't want to do it. By that point I was ready to finish the full workout. Aubrey was running around playing with Braden, so I figured if she could run around she should go to school. I sure hope she doesn't get sick there again ... I'd feel horrible!

I feel energized and am glad I worked out. I know I'd be feeling crappy and disappointed if I didn't workout.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Carrie! You can do it. Now I just need to jump on your bandwagon and start my own workouts. I did workout Wednesday. It was too bad I was interupted twice so I couldn't finish the workout. What to go.

    ReplyDelete