Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breaking the Cycle

I'm noticing a trend. Over the past several years I've had a big goal I work towards (half marathons, getting cruise ready, bike race) and I do really well working towards that goal. Then afterwards I flounder for a bit. I fall back into old habits, I let the exercise lax and I don't watch my eating as closely. That's when I start feeling pretty crappy. Pretty soon, I make new goals and I on the cycle again!




Okay, so I'm a dork ... I made a graph! This is kind of how it works. Sometimes the "break" is short while other times it drags on (and on and on.) Sometimes I feel like I am starting all over again. Honestly I'm tired of it ...

I'm ready to BREAK THE CYCLE! I am ready to create a new cycle, one that is all empowering and will help me to meet all of my goals. And then some.

I know that I need goals, and goals WORK for me. However I need to start utilizing short and long term goals.

Part of my committment to breaking the cycle is to post here more often. I do know that there are times that life comes up and really there ARE more important things in life (GASP!), but I know that in order for me to be strong in all the areas of my life, I need to take care of me first. Here are some things I would like to add:

  • Healthy recipes with pictures! (I'm a visual person). When I'm tempted to eat too many sweets, I will be able to come here to see there ARE healthy alternatives
  • Outside success stories, tips and tricks, etc. Anything that can be motivating.
  • Consistency - I've learned how to schedule posts, so that I can have them come out even when I'm going to be gone. I'd love to be a place where other people like me can come to find some resources to take into their own lives. You'll keep me accountable and I'll do the same for you!

Have you heard the saying, "If you can BELIEVE it, you can ACHIEVE it?" Well, I officially declare this cycle BROKEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment