Friday, July 23, 2010

But I'm Not a Runner!

I can't tell you how many times I said this (for years and years). But with 2 half marathons under my belt, I can proudly declare that I am a runner!

Here's the thing. Just because you aren't a runner doesn't mean you can't run if you want to. The question I get a lot is how to start when you've never run before.

My suggestion is to check out the "Couch to 5K" program over at Cool Running. The basic idea is you run for a short time and then walk for a longer time. Eventually increasing the time you run and decreasing the time you walk. Let me tell you, the feeling you get when you run that first 2-3 miles consecutively is like no other. It's like your walking on cloud 9 the rest of the day!



Throw away anything holding you back and prove to yourself that YOU ARE A RUNNER! And now anything is possible.

Want more tips? Just ask, I've learn a lot over the years and would love to share it with you! Stay tuned tomorrow for my running play list.


Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment